Thursday, December 01, 2005

Movie Memories... Permanent Games

Its 1989 and I'm on the set of a very low budget film being shot in Miami. Very low budget. Did I mention they had no money?

My college buddy Jay and his lovely wife, Leslie, were in the film and let me know they were looking for another actor. At this point in my acting career I was just looking for any screen credit I could find. After all, who in NY or LA is going to know how big or small a film called Permanent Games is going to be?

One day I arrive on location to meet a woman with which I'm supposed to make out. Yes, that's right. At one point, I'm supposed to make out with a woman in an outdoor shower. I don't remember what this had to do with the plot, but a lot of this film has drifted from my memory.

So, anyway, I get dressed in my bathing suit, she in her's and, in an attempt to find some sort of normality in this otherwise extremely awkward moment, we decide to ask each other's names and engage in small talk before hopping into this cold-water-only outdoor shower and begin... well... making out.

And just as the camera is about to start rolling, she ends our small talk by excitedly telling me that she had been drug free for two weeks now!

Action!

It was the most unsexual experience of my entire life. I spent the scene trying to figure out just how long it takes drugs to leave someone's system. And what kind of drugs were they? And why did she have to tell me that? I mean, I've known her for all of thirty seconds.

Let's see... when I thought of being an actor, did I EVER imagine this moment would occur? Hmmm... nope.

Show business is weird.


No comments: