Monday, January 23, 2006

Fun Times in DC

I've received a few calls from my wife and daughter of over the last few days, during their trip to Washington DC. They have had a VERY busy time. They've seen the capital building, the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, WW2 and Vietnam Memorial, Arlington Cemetary, the cathedral and more and more and more.

They're all cranky up there because they've had almost no sleep. Last night they went to sleep at 1:30 a.m. and woke up at 5:30 a.m. Today is the actual March for Life, so they will offer up their exhaustion and make the March a success.

My son and I have been working in bachelor mode, which means a lot of macaroni and cheese, sandwiches, chicken nuggets and grilled cheese... with nary a vegetable to be found. So, we are anxiously awaiting their return tonight in the wee hours of the morning.

I'm certain tomorrow my wife and daughter will sleep all day just to catch up. I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all of the stories. It's amazing how much they are a part of our lives and how incomplete we are without them here.

Tomorrow cannot come quick enough.

No comments: