Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Gators Are National Champions

My best friend Tim, my son Gabe and I enjoyed watching the Florida Gators win their first NCAA Basketball National Championship over the historic UCLA Bruins, 73-57. I remember going to Gator games in the late 80's when they were just starting to take basketball seriously.

During the game, Tim and I made comedic references to pop culture from years passed. At one point, after a very dated comment, I said "We sound old." His response was "We're just like the Holy Family Folk Group... 20 years later and we haven't gotten any better."

Growing up going to Holy Family church, listening to the "unique" sound of their folk group in the 80's, and having heard them recently, he is exactly correct. You would have figured that after 20 years of rehearsals they would have sounded better. But, like Tim's and my humor, it's the same ol' thing over and over again.

In any event, the basketball game was exciting and fun to watch. Good to see the BBall Gators get their due.


No comments: