Thursday, June 15, 2006

Two Months To Go...

I started this blog 10 months ago with the promise to write a daily entry for at least a year. As the end of that year approaches (August 15, 2006) I struggle as to how and if I will continue this blog. On some levels, writing a blog seems somewhat self indulgent... I mean, it's just my ideas about my life or my opinions about people and or events. Why should anyone care what I think?

I do hope that my entries are at least entertaining to those who stop by. I try to keep things quick and to the point, sprinkled with sarcasm.

The process of having to write something everyday has been more challenging than I anticipated, but its original intent, to get me back into the groove of writing, has been a great success. I have enjoyed recounting my struggles with Crohns disease, different childhood memories and my trip to California has taken on a life of its own. Writing those has improved my ability to put my thoughts in words. Plus, I have since written a feature screenplay called Severed and have outlined two more (The Flu and The Adventures of Gabby Wells) which I hope to write by the end of the year.

So, as the year long challenge approaches its end, I wonder what will happen here in my little corner of the cyberspace universe. At this point, I really don't know...

5 comments:

Cricket said...

continue please. But you can probably reduce the frequency.

Paul said...

I think you should update your blog less frequently than I do. That way, I won't get told by people I know and love (and who know me . . . not sure about the love part), "How come you don't update your blog like Peter does?" My respons, "Because I have a life and Peter doesn't." doesn't seem to cut it.

Pete Bauer said...

Paul, you really say you have a life? C'mon, we all know you better than that.

Pete Bauer said...

Mary... well, I had to get back safely, otherwise I wouldn't be writing it. :)

I'll be entering an entry today on Gabe's all star aspirations.

c.a.b. said...

I really enjoy your blog and I give you credit for writing every day, 10 months straight. Sheesh, that's exhausting just thinking about it. As my literature professors have always said, you learn to write by writing. Of course, you already know how to write but the excercise only helps. So, I wish you would stick with it :)