Monday, July 31, 2006

80th Birthday Party

Saturday we all enjoyed ourselves at my mother's 80th birthday party. We arrived in the morning at my parent's house to visit with my brother John, my brother Paul and his son Jonathan, and my parents. Later that evening John's daughters Laura and Catherine arrived and we all shared a lot of laughs.

That evening we went over to a cabin on the lake at the Hinton Center where my mom was surprised to find her cousins Rusty and Ann had driven all the way down from Massachusetts. My mother was speechless and her eyes full of tears. When you turn 80, there aren't a lot of people still around from your childhood, so the fact that Rusty and Ann made the long trek down just for Mom was a great gift.

Attending the outside party was Dea, Pete, DC, Gabe, John, Laura, Catherine, Paul, Jonathan, Mom and Dad, Rusty and Ann, Stephen, Stephanie, Paul Eric and Jackie, Marie, Charles, Betty, Christina, Jack, Michael, Christopher, Brianna, Andrew, Elizabeth, Chaz, Lisette, Terese, John Paul, Stephen, Maria, Carla, Luis, Bob, Loretta, Mary, Steve, Katie, Brian, Sarah, Luke, Kristy, Robbie, Tyler, Lauren, Peter, Paul and Michelle and Andrew. I think that's everyone. We had a wonderful time and are so grateful for the large family and the love that surrounds us all.

Yesterday we played baseball at a local ball field and later that night made smores around a campfire.

Right this second, Paul is making breakfast (waffles and bacon) and later today my family is driving down to Savannah for the next few days.

I'll upload pics when we get back from vacation.

No comments: