Friday, October 27, 2006

Gramma Merrill and Friend

The title of the picture is Nana and friend. I believe my grandmother is the young lady to the right , but she could be the baby. I'm not sure. On the original picture, some child appears to have used pen or pencil to scratch over the young woman's face and hat. I did my best to clean it up.

Mom, can you shed some light?

UPDATE FROM MOM: Okay, apparently the picture is my great-grandmother (my Mother's father's mother) who is holding the baby. The great-grandmother apparently died in 1929 when my Mom was three years old. The baby is guessed to by my Mom's cousin Patsy Lynch, but the woman beside her doesn't look like Patsy's mother, so we're not sure. The one thing we do know is that my original guess was completely wrong! :)

No comments: