Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Something Funny

My Mom emailed me asking me to post something funny on my blog. I have been very busy lately and have not had time to put my daily entry as I normally would, but who can turn down their own Mom?

So here goes...

1987. A local professional theater in Gainesville is putting on a production of the musical Hair. I had planned on auditioning, but a conflict with the performance schedule made me change my mind.

During one of my calls home I told my Mom that I had considered auditioning for Hair.

She asked, "Don't the actors have to undress in that play?"

"Yeah, at the end of the first act the entire cast is naked."

"I don't think I would be proud of you if you did that," she stated.

I replied with a confident, innuendo-filled tone. "Yeah you would."

After a moment she burst into laughter.

I love hearing my Mom laugh. When I can make her laugh I feel like I've really accomplished something special.

There you go, Mom... something funny. Though, the fact that a humorous story revolves around my nudity should make me a little concerned.



No comments: