Monday, December 10, 2007

Prayers Requested...

My father's struggle with illness and infection has resulted in an inevitable situation. The doctors have stopped the antibiotics for my father, as they were not working.

It is now only a matter of time.

So, I ask for anyone who reads this to take just a moment to pray for Charles Leo Bauer, Sr. Pray that his soul is ready for his next great adventure, his Heavenly journey. Pray that the Virgin Mary stays true to her promise, to be with him at the hour of his death. And that his parents, whom he had not seen since his teen years, eagerly wait to meet him upon his departure from this world.

And also take a moment to pray for my mother, to give her strength and faith during this difficult time. She has never asked for her own will, but God's to be done.

And, finally, take a moment to thank God for his will being done in this situation. He always knows what is best for us... even if we don't understand it at the moment.

I thank you God for a wonderful father who visited me in my dreams last night. For a man who lived his faith, loved his kids and honored his wife for over 62 years. For a man who will always be my hero. For a man whom I proudly call my father.


Thank you, Lord. We have been blessed by his presence, example, faith and leadership. I only hope I can live up to the shadow of the man who shaped me into the husband and father I am today.

6 comments:

Ramsey Days said...

Grampa has his favorite thing in his hand in the last picture...he always has loved his ice cream.

Great post. Made me cry.

Love,
KT

Anonymous said...

It will be difficult living without the single most important man in my life. I respect no other man on earth more than I respect my dad. I will miss him.

Ketlevin said...

Beautiful, Pete. That's a good picture of you and Dad. Laura and I have been going through pictures. Is there any way you can get that to us or bring it up when you come?

Pete Bauer said...

Sure, Ma. It's a digital picture. If you want, you can click on the pic in the blog, it will open it up to its original size (much bigger), then right click and save to your computer, if you want.

George said...

I'm keeping you and your entire family in my thoughts and prayes, Pete.
It's been years since our days at NEHI but I have fond memories your family, but especially your Mom and Dad.
I know your faith will get you through. Stay true and keep the great memories close to you and in your heart. They will get your through.

George Higby

Pete Bauer said...

That's very sweet George. I truly appreciate it!