Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm Tired...

I'm plum tuckered out. Shooting Purgatory, USA is very exhausting. We shot 12 hours Saturday and another seven hours Sunday.

Ep 1 - 100% shooting complete
Ep 2 - 30% shooting complete (3 locations left)
Ep 3 - 60% complete (2 locations left)
Ep 4 - 0% complete (2 locations left)

It takes about four days to shoot each 10 minute episode. We'll be done with the home location by the end of this upcoming weekend. If I can find some important locations, we could be completed within two weeks.

And then I can sleep. Oh, and edit. And clean the audio. And add music. And edit the opening sequence. And shoot interviews. And add soundtracks. And post them on the web.

And then sleep.

7 comments:

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...

To your list you should add --

Write poetry for my wife, then sleep... on the couch.

Pete Bauer said...

LOL... yeah, that's kinda true.

Anonymous said...

Breakdown from exhaustion, huh? Touchè!

I know it is a lot of work, but it seems like you have been on a roll lately and that is exciting! That and a cameo comment by Uncle Paul.

Charles Bauer said...

19 hours, yeah that's real tough Pete. BTW, I spent 125 hours working on my kitchen last week. Hey, but that's nothing compared to those big long 19 agonizing hours playing with a camera. I bet sometimes you even had to lift it with two hands.

Also, thanks for helping when you did... and did you film any episodes upside down, cause I know how to fix that!

Pete Bauer said...

LOL... It was a lot of fun working with you. I have a chance, thanks to Chris, to finish PUSA this week, so I'm taking vacation days to do that. But, I'll help out some more as soon as I can.

I knew Charles would chime in last... he always has to have the last word. :)

Charles Bauer said...

do not.