Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm Tired... Again

The collective sigh you heard from Safety Harbor was due to the beginning of school.

And waking up around 5 a.m.

And driving my daughter to school at 6 a.m.

And struggling to stay awake at work all day long.

Fortunately, I love the drives to her school with my daughter. We get to pray and talk and laugh and spend time together. An awesome time.

But, I'm old... or feel old... or am just plain tired. I'm genetically a night person, so this transition to being an early morning riser will be a painful few weeks. But, it's worth it.

9 comments:

Charles Bauer said...

suck it up you big fat baby!

Ramsey Days said...

I can imagine!! Getting into the Kindergarten groove is tiring for me as well...but we dont do 5am!

Kristin said...

I'm a genetically night person too...and so are the kids!! Getting all of us on a morning schedule isn't easy, especially when we all still want to stay up late. But, we're doing it. But I still see the back of my eyelids until 6:30am....then I hear "ehh ehh ehhh ehhh ehhh" ugh..that stupid alarm clock.

Anonymous said...

If you ever want to come by for coffee after dropping her off at school, we get up at 4:45 monday - friday.

Love ya Ret

Paul said...

Don't worry, things will calm down soon. School has just started, Gabe starts fall ball this month and football season is about to start... leaving you plenty of time to film.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Pete - I am with you on not being a morning person. Your comments about the drive to school being a special time is true. I felt like the years in high school that I drove and Catherine rode with me really started to define our friendship as we transitioned from kids to adults. We covered a lot of thoughts during those car rides.

p.s. - they make coffee so that people like us stay awake at work!

c.a.b. said...

I agree with LB...and Uncle Charles :) Those drives in the morning are going to be something that you and DC will value the rest of your lives. Go to Loretta and Bob's for coffee!!!

Charles Bauer said...

You're still a big baby.

Cricket said...

I don't know. I kinda feel sorry for DC