Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

A year ago today I was with my mother hours before my father was to pass on his favorite holiday. Tonight we will honor his memory by following his Christmas Eve traditions at our house within our small family.

I love you Dad! I hope you, Joe, Leo, Father Paul and Father Jerry are on the fairway between clouds eight and nine. I hope you look down with an occasional smile at the family you have lead with the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Merry Christmas to my entire family, both here and in Heaven!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had Christmas Eve at Meghan's house last night. It was a wonderful family gathering. You have a blessed day today and a blessed year to come.

Love you Ret

Anonymous said...

We had our Christmas eve at Charles and Betty's. with their family. Her parents were there along with her brother, his wife, daughter, fiance and her three children. Some were able to join in the family tradition. John, Irene and their family, Steve, Thersa and their girls were also in attendance. I want to acknowledge spouses of the above families, Christina's husband, Jack and Merrill's husband Jeff. They are included in family but should get special note. Why? I don't know, I just don't want them asking me why they weren't mentioned.

Mary K Smith said...

We celebrated Christmas eve by meeting Paul,Kristie, Rob and kids at the 4:00 Mass. Andrew and Peter made it home for the family gathering, Bauer style (lasagna, praying at the manger,wishing everyone a Merry Christmas with a hug, singing, praying)- Katie and Brian and kids on the 26th - family, family, family...even dad was here in spirit.