Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Listen to My Interview!

I've known Jon Ashby online for 10 years. He ran a website a long time ago called REwind Video. It was THE hub for the microcinema revolution in the late 90's. Over the years Jon has continued his altruistic support approach to the low budget filmmaker and now runs a website called CommonFilm.org.

He was kind enough to interview me about our recent Club God award, Sonlight Pictures and our future project Forgiven. So, check it out at the links below...

Main Page - http://www.commonfilm.org

Direct link to Interview - http://www.commonfilm.org/media/podcasts/CFInterview-PeteBauer.mp3

Funny thing... having known Jon online for 10 years, this was the first time we actually spoke to each other. Amazing how technology has changed relationships and communication.

In any event, it was very kind of Jon to take the time to allow me to talk up Sonlight Pictures. Please check it out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I wrote in my email, You done good. It was fascinating to hear your voice over my computer. Amazing also that this was the first time you and your friend had a chance to talk to each other, although you did most of the talking. That was the reason for the interview, correct? Love you, Ma

Pete Bauer said...

Yeah, we'd known each other 10 years online. I even interviewed him via email for my 20 Questions book.

It was nice to get a chance to speak about Christian film on a secular website.

Cricket said...

Very good interview Pete. It had some bright spots and some use of the english language that wouldn't hold up under scrutiny. Like, "to lead a religious life for the rest of her life….” Ah, that's why it's call a religious life! However, a real gem for me was when you were comparing our human nature to our call to holiness - "When I’m human and hungry I eat, when I’m holy, I fast. When I’m human and angry I attack but if I want to be holy I forgive.” I don't know how you do it. I'd be a nervous wreck doing an interview like that but you pulled it off. Great acting! - Steve

Pete Bauer said...

Well, Teeb, I know a nun who stopped being a nun, and thereby didn't lead a religious life for the rest of her life. So there!

And thanks for the compliments. I prayed before so I figured the Lord would do His best with a poor sap like me. There was some other stuff that was cut that had to do with the difference between facts and truth, but he had to adhere to a 15 minute timeframe. Our interview lasted about 30 minutes, so some had to be cut.

I was appreciative of what he left in.

Anonymous said...

I loved listening to you talk about your work! Great interview and insight into your artistic brain. xoxo