Monday, July 27, 2009

Tile Me Exhausted

It started out simple enough. A single tile moved slightly in the master bathroom shower wall. A week later part of the wall fell down.

Now, four days after that, we've completely gutted our bathroom. We've rebuilt the shower walls from scratch. We're having to fix and level the threshold moving into the shower.

But we still have SO much more to do. We have to tile the shower and the floor. Fix the flange for the toilet. Prime and paint the walls. Install a new bathroom exhaust fan that, conveniently enough, is located directly under a new duct work junction box in the attic of our recently upgraded air conditioning system. Plus install a new vanity, mirror and toilet.

I'm tired. My hands are raw. Our house is covered with a thin layer of concrete dust and I wake up every morning sneezing about 1000 times in a row.

However, I am impressed by the work and assistance of my children. I have totally enjoyed experiencing the project with my wife.

And, many times, I have felt as if my father were with me, guiding me during the process.

7 comments:

Ramsey Days said...

You should know better...call my dad, he loves to fix anything!

Pete Bauer said...

I think it's a bit far for him to commute.

Brianna said...

My dad loves doing that stuff too. I mean, he did flood the kitchen just to rebuild it you know... haha! I'm sure it's going to look amazing when finished!

Anonymous said...

That's just the beginning. One thing laughs at another. Be prepared. Love ya, Ma

Anonymous said...

Actually, this all started with Pete's car conking out in February. So, new car lead to a new a/c system which then lead to the bathroom. We will end with the carpets being re-stretched. AND THAT IS IT! We will be completely tapped. Physically, emotionally, and financially.
Dea

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the ole bathroom wall caving in scenario. Sounds like fun. I am sure that Grampa is there with you. He's parked right outside of your bathroom door sitting in a lawn chair, eating an ice cream cone and doing the heavy looking on...

Unknown said...

Laura has it so right...