Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Allegiances

My son, Gabe, really wants to play baseball for the Florida Gators. He's got five years to make that dream a reality, but, for whatever reason, his collegiate allegiance has always been to the Gators. Probably has something to do with the fact that I graduated from there and, in his lifetime, they've won three national championships.

In any event, last night we were talking about checking out colleges for our daughter, Dorothea, and that one of those stops would be to Florida State University. My son hopped into the conversation "I'm not going."

"Yes you are" I replied.

"I'm never going to FSU!" he retorted back at me.

"If a school offers to pay for your education by playing baseball, you'll go anywhere" I challenged.

He looked at me, a knowing half-smirk on his face. He finally succumbed, "Well, if I go, I'll be a SemiGator."

That was the best he could offer. 1/2 Seminole, 1/2 Gator = SemiGator.

I guess that's better than being a GaNole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go NOLES!!!!


FSU parent

Loretta

Anonymous said...

SemiGator is WAY better than a GaNole. But Gainesville is so much nicer than Tallahassee! ;)