Friday, October 23, 2009

Kids Journal - 05/02/05

Gabe had his first communion this past weekend. It was so beautiful. The night before we went over the first Passover and how it was tied to the Passion and the Eucharist. After he received, he sat next to me and leaned in say "Just to tell you, when I was waiting to go up there, my heart was beating so fast I thought it would pop out of my chest!" It was very touching. The whole experience made me cry. Gabe looked at me and said "Dad, I've never seen you cry before." What better way for him to see that for the first time than tears of joy of him in union with Christ.

Love ya,

Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember I was an Extraordinary Minister of the cup that day. Seeing my son receive was a beautiful gift. I too had tears in my eyes for the rest of communion.
Dea