Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Prediction?

During the latest debacle that is the Bucs season, my family and I were lamenting how bad they were playing. We were all feeling hopeless.

We mused that if they had to put the Bucs season on a single picture, it would be a take off of Obama's famous Hope picture.

Personally, I like Raheem Morris a lot. I think his intentions are pure and he is doing the best he can. I do question whether or not he was the right guy at the right time.

No matter who they would have hired, it would have been a tough season. Gruden left the team cupboards barren of talent. Gruden/Allen drafted horribly and Gruden didn't have the patience to develop young talent. Allen's picks were under performers or pure busts (Gaines Adams, Dexter Jackson). Plus, the Glazers appear to be in a credit/cash crunch since leveraging themselves to the moon and back to buy the Manchester United... BEFORE the economy took a dump.

We knew we were all in for a rebuilding process anyway... we just felt the new regime would have some sort of plan.

I hope Raheem and the team succeed. But, this level of play sure is a reminder of the Richard Williamson school of football. And that ain't pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I recall, correctly, wasn't there a season before they went to the super bowl that there were no wins? Have faith, little one. It can only get better.