Sunday, October 16, 2005

Collage O' Memories

Ever since 1977, I've saved almost every sports or concert ticket for events I've attended. For years my wife was wondering why in the world would I keep such things. Well, this year I finally put them all to use. We were repainting my son's room and so I made a collage of all of the sports tickets, autographs and some pictures, glued them and hung the collage on the wall.



It's pretty cool. It has Buc tickets from 1977 through last year, Bandit season tickets of the defunct USFL, Orlando Magic games, Lightning Playoff tickets, the 1979 KC/Buc game that secured their first playoff appearance, Devil Ray tickets, a ticket from the St. Pete Pelicans of the defunct Senior Baseball League and much more. It's fun to browse through and see what you may find. There's games against Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, Brett Favre, Jim Kelly and numerous other present and future hall of famers. It's a nice trip down memory lane.

It hangs next to Gabe's bed and every once and a while I walk in and see him just looking at it.

That alone makes the effort to save all of those tickets worth it.

No comments: