Friday, November 18, 2005

Predictor Pete - Week Ten

In one of the most exciting games in recent history, the Bucs overcame the resilient Redskins by converting a rare two point conversion to win the game, 36-35. Chris Simms was great at throwing the long ball and has improved a lot since his first start against the 49ers just a few weeks ago.

This week the Bucs take on the Falcons in Atlanta, who lost a "should have won" game against the 2-7 Green Bay Packers. That loss should re-energize and refocus the Falcons in the game against the Bucs.

Winning road divisional games is a tough task. Usually, the way that is accomplished is that the road team has to be efficient and not turn the ball over... and the home team has to turn the ball over and not be able to run the ball. The Panthers win over the Bucs in Tampa is a perfect example of how to win road divisional game.

Now that we are playing more quality opponents, the Buc defense is showing a greater weakness at stopping the run. Atlanta is very good at running the ball, with Duckett, Dunn and Vick, and they usually rack up high rushing yardage against their opponents. Historically, the Bucs have played well against the Falcons. However, the only way I see the Bucs winning in Atlanta is to get some early turnovers and points.

My Heart: Bucs 28-27.
My Mind: Falcons 23-17.
My Colon: Falcons 32-10.

My Pick: Falcons 24-21...


Like last week, my gut tells me the Bucs can win this game... but that feeling is as strong as it was against the Redskins, so I'll let my mind take precedence this week.

My Record: 6-3

1 comment:

Pete Bauer said...

Mary, you were right. The Bucs D couldn't stop the Falcons Sunday... they stopped themselves.