Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sweet Nirvana

In our new home theater room, I have a candy rack/concession stand location where we have candy and a mini-fridge full of colas.

There have been a few occasions where I have found my nine year old son simply staring at the candy.

I'll ask, "What are you doing?"

"Just looking at the candy"
he'd reply.

Like just the thought of eating all of that candy equalled the joy of actually tasting it.

Don't you wish, as an adult, we could find such pure joy in these simple things? But, we look at candy and worry about our teeth, our health, our weight, our diet, our indigestion...

Kids? They look at candy and see nothing but sweet nirvana.

I envy that.

2 comments:

John Oak Dalton said...

Pete,

I am up for adoption. I will sleep in a bunk bed, no problem.

Pete Bauer said...

LOL... Well, John, I'll consider it, however I'm sure your family may have issues with your relocation.