Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'm Creatively SEVERED

Well, the painful writing process has officially begun. Today I drafted the first pages to a new feature screenplay called SEVERED. The screenplay will be a Christian action-thriller about terrorists, if you can believe it.

Starting to write is a huge thing. Most writers procrastinate because the process of writing is like giving creative birth, long, painful and can cause bloating. However, there comes a point in the process where it is equally painful to wait as it is to write... at that point you know you have to start writing and purge yourself of the creative ideas flowing through your head or else you'll burst.

So, after much thought, delay, inspiration, delay, planning and delay, I finally started penning the first draft of the script.

My goal is to write at least one feature screenplay a year. Last year I did not write a feature so this year my goal is to write at least two, perhaps three.

No comments: