Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mid-Severed

In less than two weeks I've reached the mid-point of this first draft of the screenplay Severed. As my brother Paul called it, you could categorize the film as a Christian Die Hard, so to speak. Sixty pages in two weeks is really rockin' and rollin' when it comes to writing, so I'm very happy with it.

I've really enjoyed the process because the steps of the story have been clear, which is not always the case when writing. It has been a lot of fun creating action and suspenseful sequences. If shot well, there could be some really juicy moments in it.

My goal is to pump out this first draft as quickly as I can, then let it sit so I can revisit it in a few months with fresh eyes.

The best part of writing is that it's the only part of the filmmaking process that is pure. There are no budgetary or talent or time limitations. The story is exactly the way you want it to be. If it gets made, then you'll have to adjust the story to fit the location or budget or a numerous other variables.

So, I'll enjoy this process of writing the film exactly as I see it.

No comments: