Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Snub Scrubs

I have one standard rule for which their is no deviating... if a show promotes abortion, I will never watch it again. This has happened before on shows that I've enjoyed and it happened again last night.

The odd and very funny sitcom Scrubs had a show about an announcement of a pregnancy. In their usual irreverant and humorous way, they used a play on words to abort the annoucement of the baby. At the end of the mayhem, the main character J.D. standing next to a priest. J.D. says "sorry about the abortion comment." The priest responds "that's okay, I'm actually pro-choice."

My wife let out a frustrated scream. And that will be the last time we watch Scrubs. Too bad, I love the show. But, the producers couldn't help but throw another undermining jab at the Catholic Church and its stance on abortion.

Some people may find my reaction to "just a joke" excessive, but for those of us that are pro-life, chopping up your baby in the womb and throwing it in the garbage is no less offensive than chopping up a one-year old baby and throwing it in the garbage. Its a subject not to be taken lightly.

So, another one bites the dust. Pretty soon there won't be any shows I'll be able to watch on TV... and maybe that's not a bad thing.


No comments: