Thursday, September 07, 2006

Severed Poster

Here's a first draft of a poster for the Christian action flick called Severed that focuses on martyrdom. The cross is my daughter's. I hung it over a screwdriver that was placed on stacked re-edits of The Box DVDs and laid the crucifix on a white piece of paper, then took a digital picture, imported it into my computer, removed everything but the cross and rope necklace, then "hung" it over the title.

I then found blood splatter pics on the web, copied, pasted, moved, rotated, changed, shrunk and duplicated it over and over again until I got what I wanted.



The title for Severed refers to being cut off or isolated, not about getting a limb or body part cut off. The title with blood splatter may confuse some, but I'll worry about changing that when the film actually gets shot.

Last night started work on The Flu, a comedy about a shallow man who becomes allergic to sin. My goal with this first draft of the script is to get the bones of the idea on paper. I'm not a comedy screenwriter so I expect I'll need assistance to put some meat on the story's bones.


No comments: