Friday, September 15, 2006

Strike One And You're Out

I was reading about some reporter that got abducted by Islamic radicals and was forced to convert to Islam before being set free. And it occurred to me that we all need to ask ourselves a couple of important questions:

These apply to everyone:
  • Are you willing to convert to Islam?
  • Are you willing to live in a theocracy where Islam is the only faith?
And if you're a woman:
  • Are you willing to give up all of your rights?
Apparently, these are the hard requirements of the radical Islamic movement. Not the moderate faith, but the radicals perpetrating terrorist acts. Their intent is to create a worldwide theocracy and if you don't convert to Islam you will be considered a threat. And for women, such a conversion requires forfeiting all of your current rights.

So, if you answer No to any of those questions, then you are considered the enemy and are an acceptable terrorist target.

And this leaves me with one other question... what policy or diplomacy or appeasement or treaty is going to change my answers to any one of those questions?

Since the answer to my last question is "none" then I wonder just what value any of those political steps actually hold. I am left with the feeling that only divine intervention can resolve this volatile clashing of faiths we're all dealing with today.


No comments: