Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Matt Maher Rocks

To continue with our Lenten discussions, let me just say this...

Matt Maher rocks, plain and simple.

This musician is an amazing talent that delivers catchy, uplifting, spiritual and unabashedly Catholic music. My brother, Charles, introduced me to his music about a year ago. I have never before heard a musician able to capture the Catholic faith in adult contemporary style music before. His songs are rooted in scripture and tradition and are often meditative in their delivery.

If every Mass were a Lifeteen Mass, this guy would write the hymnal.

I'm certain if his music were secular he would be atop the music charts... he and his band are that talented. Seek this musician out and enjoy his music. I listen to his stuff daily and it fills me with a wonderful sense of joy and peace. Check him out, if you can. You won't be disappointed.

You can read more about him and their tour dates http://www.mattmahermusic.com and http://www.mattmahermusic.com/blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He even has a song for Lent. "40 days" off the Welcome to Life CD.

Pete Bauer said...

I knew "The Matts" were buds. I meant to mention it. Odd.

I'm hoping to get to meet him at the wedding.

Mary K Smith said...

I am also a Matt Maher freak. I listen to XLT on my computer every day. If you want to sample Matt's music (75 minutes) go to lifeteen.com, audio, XLT, sign up or sign in and look for the XLT labeled Soley Worship. It is Matt Maher and band leading teens in worship.