Thursday, April 12, 2007

Matt's Bachelor Party

Matt asked me to join him at his bachelor party, for which I was honored. The plan was to go to this place called The Monastery, where we were to enjoy outdoor fun, such as volleyball, horse shoes, billiards, etc, but, as fate would have it, a cold front came through the desert and stuck us with an intense rain.

We huddled inside the small, smoke filled bar, which happened to be open mic night. So, Matt Maher, a roommate of Matt S., decided to celebrate the bachelor party by singing a few cover songs as well as a wonderful song he had written less that two days earlier.

In a previous post I had mentioned how much I had loved Matt Maher's music. It inspires me and lifts me up. I came across his music from my brother Charles. When I found out that Matt M and Matt S were roomies, I told Charles that I would pay Matt M. for his music if I ever got to see him in person. When I was introduced to him at the bachelor party, I pulled out the $50 I had specifically been saving for him and gladly handed it over, complimenting him on his wonderful musical gifts.

Despite everyone's exhaustion from the long day, we all had a wonderful time. Matt S has a great group of friends that were all impressive in their own ways. I was very happy to have been able to participate in the evening.

No comments: