Thursday, August 02, 2007

Forgiven First Draft Completed

The first draft of the edgy short Christian film called Forgiven has been completed. The 30 page (which equals 30 minutes) script was finally completed today. I didn't want the film to exceed 30 minutes, so I was happy to wrap it up in 30 pages.

I'll be honest, the writing of this short has been exceedingly challenging. The story went through numerous starts and stops, rewrites, re-imagining, re-creation, etc. But, the end result is very close to my original intent. I kept praying the entire time, hoping that my words were somehow fulfilling God's will. Only time will tell.

I'm hoping this film will not only set the tone for future Sonlight Pictures projects, but also could be used to fund our four feature films we have planned, two of which have been completely written and another two which are in development.

There will be a couple of small rewrites in this scripts future... all scripts are rewritten, tightened, made better. So, now I am going to start the process of formulating a production team, find a location and determine casting goals.

2 comments:

Ramsey Days said...

Good job Uncle Petey!

Pete Bauer said...

Thanks, KT. You're one of the few visitors who consistently comment. Thanks for that too :)