Friday, November 02, 2007

Writing Gabby Wells

Well, after much thought, prayer and discussions with my daughter about plot, character and scope, I've finally started drafting out the feature script for The Adventures of Gabby Wells. Gabby Wells is a teen dramedy (drama/comedy) about our struggle with Christ-like selflessness. A young teen girl comes into possession of a watch that can stop time. The consequence to using the watch is every second she stops time is taken off of her own life.

I'm sketching out the first act on pad and paper right now. It's a little more difficult for me to write because it is not within my comfort zone, but that's what makes it a good challenge. I decided, for tax reasons, that I wouldn't incorporate Sonlight Pictures until after the new year so I have about eight weeks to hash out the first draft of Wells before I will get consumed with getting Sonlight Pictures up and running.

The Holy Spirit has been good to me and the more I write the more the entire story starts to come together. I just have to make sure I write something everyday or else I won't make my deadline.

No comments: