Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Different Focus

Pope Benedict XVI arrived today, his birthday, and was greeted by the most powerful man in the free world, the U.S. President. This happened to occur on the sad first anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings. As I scanned my bookmarked news sites, I was interested to see two very different approaches.

On Fox News, the arrival of the Pope took up half the page.

As a matter of fact, every news website I visited (MSNBC, USAToday, ABCNews) highlighted the Pope... except one. On CNN, the arrival of the Pope is listed only as a link above the main page (I highlighted in Yellow).


A different focus... neither of which is more valid than the other. But such subtleties can guide you on which news organization will give exposure to areas that interest you the most.

No comments: