Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Son's Concerns

Since it's summer my son has been asking to stay up late each night. We've kinda settled at 12:30 a.m. as a good summer bed time.

The other night his best friend was spending the night. Gabe comes into the room and asks me what time he has to go to bed. I respond "Let's stick with the 12:30 mode." I thought for a moment and said "You know what? It's a sleep over. Let's make it 1:00 a.m."

Gabe looks at me with completely serious 11 year old eyes and says "But what about my increased risk of heart disease?"

WHAT????

I burst into laughter... so hard I was crying. Through my tears I asked, "what are you talking about?"

He said "I saw a news program and they said if you don't get enough sleep it can increase your risk of heart disease."

I said, "Gabe, you're eleven! Don't worry about it!"

We had a great, hearty laugh and he went on to enjoy his sleepover.

The funny things kids say!

4 comments:

Ramsey Days said...

That is too funny! I dont even stay up til 12:30... :)

Kristin said...

I do. But my kids sleep in. :)

Ramsey Days said...

Ahh, my kids are up at 7! Luke is, Sarah sleeps in now.

Kristin said...

My kids have been sleeping in till 10am this summer! Mark will wake up to eat about 7 or 8 and then go back to sleep till about 10 too. So nice!