Sunday, August 09, 2009

Dad's 80th Birthday Memories

You know, it's been a few years since my Dad's 80th birthday. For that celebration I came up with a couple of Top 10 lists to add some humor to the festivities. Here they are:

Top 10 Games to Play at Your Father's 80th Birthday Party

10. Name That Child.

9. Pin the Smell on the Elderly

8. Where's My Inheritance?

7. Toots and Bladders

6. Spin the 16 Bottles of Over-priced Prescriptions

5. Those Aren't My Teeth!

4. Who Wants to Be 81?

3. Speed Napping.

2. Kick the Bucket

1. Blind Man's Putt



Top 10 Things I Learned by Watching My Father Play Golf

10. I Hate Golf.



Top 10 Memorable Father-Son Moments

10. As a child, pulling me into the bedroom and giving me the okay to punch Charles whenever he made fun of me.

9. Refusing to buy a lawnmower wheel for a dollar and, instead, making me carry a rope attached to the axle to keep the mower level while Charles mowed the yard.

8. Hitting golf balls at my head so you wouldn't have to pick them up yourself.

7. Allowing my friends to walk into the house with you in your boxers and your pony trying to escape the barn.

6. Breaking my braces headgear and making me bleed in a "friendly" slap fight.

5. Changing my childhood bedroom into a computer room the weekend I left for college.

4. When my Crohns first acted up and I had lost about two pints of blood at Joe's second wedding rehearsal, so that the hospital wouldn't charge your medical insurance, dropping me off at the entrance to the Emergency Room, where I went in, gave them my name and immediately passed out.

3. Knowing Dea and I were staying at your cabin for a week for our honeymoon, you decided to return three days early.

2. When I was a teenager, interrupting my 1000th viewing of the same Star Trek episode to call me lazy.

1. Missing my one and only Little League Home Run (no, I'm not still bitter)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okkkk
#6...you got braces????....I was just promised them.

#1...WE, Bob and Loretta, were at your fist and only Little League Home Run and we are dang proud of it!

Loved it....Loretta

Cricket said...

Little League home run, give me a break! You were in the backyard and hit one over the canal. Dad, of course was busy turning the antenna and missed it anyway.

Great list. I remember laughing then as I did just now.