Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Birthday Steve!

My brother Stephen celebrates his birthday today. I've always thought that it must be odd to have your birthday on the same day as the JFK assassination.

Anyway, Stephen is my Buc Fan in Arms... we've been through the highs, the lows and the really low. Even though he moved to Georgia for work years ago, we always call each other on game day to discuss the latest Buc game. He and his wife, Theresa, are inspiring in their spirituality and faith and they have four beautiful children.


Chris, Paul and Girlfriend, Theresa,
Steve, Marie, Mom, Dad and Stephanie


Stephen and I are also linked in a unique way as our parents always call us by each other's names. At family gatherings you'll often hear my parents say "Stephen-Peter" or "Peter-Stephen" as they try to figure out who the hec we are. The weird part is that, no matter what name they call any of us, we all somehow know who they are talking to... odd.

Happy Birthday Stevey!

2 comments:

Pete Bauer said...

I can't imagine what an earth shattering moment that was. 9/11 was the closest thing I can compare it to. Like your whole world suddenly shifts focus.

Cricket said...

For the record Pete...this day in 2005 started out funny. I woke in the hotel in Orlando and Theresa and I went to my favorite place...Dunkin Donuts to have a blueberry muffin and coffee. I had not mentioned that it was my birthday cause I wanted to see how long it would take Theresa to remember. As we talked over coffee my cell phone rang. It was Mom. She called to wish me a happy birthday. I looked over at Theresa as I said to Mom, "Thanks Mom for remembering my birthday!" The look on Theresa's face will long be remembered! Thanks for remembering too Pete.