Friday, November 25, 2005

Movie Memories... Star Wars III

A few years ago my best friend, Tim, and I are standing in line for the midnight showing of Star Wars Episode III. It's not that we really liked Star Wars I or II, but it was tradition since the original trilogy came out, so we mustered up enough caffeine to make the movie.

As we were standing in line, in front of us were a bunch of uber-fans... the type of fans that get all dressed up in their Star Wars costumes, pretending they are Jedi or Sith or whatever. Behind us were two punk-looking guys, one we'll call Pink Mohawk, as he had a pink mohawk with his hair extended off of the top of his head in long spikes and his friend, whom we'll call Scary Goth, as he was wearing dark clothes, dark eyeliner, dark fingernail polish and was intensely pale. Well, Pink Mohawk scans the line of fans dressed as Jedi and creatures and what not, shakes his head in disapproval, then leans into his Scary Goth friend and sums up his thoughts in one word...

"Freaks."

1 comment:

Cricket said...

What's that they say, "Perception is reality!" It reminds me of when I see friends I haven't seen in a long time. They seemed to have grown soooo old. Forgetting of course that I am in the same boat!