Saturday, December 31, 2005

Predictor Pete - Week 17

The Bucs came back from behind late to tie and eventually beat the Falcons in overtime. This week, the Bucs can win the NFC South with a win against the 3-12 Saints. By winning the South the Bucs would be the third seed in the playoff standings and would get a home game. They could make the playoffs if they lose this game, but they need to close out the regular season with a victory and win.

The Saints are having one of the toughest season on record. Playing away from home all year, with an owner who doesn't want to move them back to New Orleans, a coach who is at the end of his contract and has been on the firing line for the last few years, and a QB that's been benched and replaced... it doesn't get any tougher than that.

My Heart: Bucs 27-14.
My Mind: Bucs 21-17.
My Colon: Saints 13-10.

My Pick: Bucs 23-10

The Saints are only playing for pride, but with all of the unknowns still awaiting for them in the off season, I don't even think finishing out the season will offer any closure. If the Bucs can score early, the game should be over.

My Record: 9-6

No comments: