Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Tuesday Morning QB - 12/27

The Bucs rebounded from a bad loss in New England to win one of the most exciting games in history... or so they say. I didn't actually get to see it, due the Christmas Eve holiday events. I had scheduled it to record on my DVR, but something happened and it didn't work. I was not a happy camper.

My prediction: Bucs 21, Falcons 17

Score: Bucs 27, Falcons 24 in OT

Offense: As I did not see the game, I cannot comment, but the running game did well and they scored on the last drive of regulation to tie the game.

Defense: Again, didn't see the game, but they stopped the Falcons on a three-and-out at the end of OT to allow the Bucs enough time to score the game winning field goal.

Special Teams: C. From the highlights, they missed a field goal and fumbled a kickoff in OT. However, they also blocked a field goal and made the game winning field goal, so it all evens out.

Coaching: Did enough to win.

Outstanding Players: Williams, 150 yards.

Things That Drove Me Nuts: Sitting in my recliner after having heard we won an amazing game, ready to watch my DVR recorded copy of the game only to find out it didn't record. I exclaimed a Darth Vader-esque "Nooooo!"

Bucs Record: 10-5.

Next Opponent: The Bucs can clinch a playoff birth and the NFC South division by beating the Saints at home next week. A must win game, because, even though they lead the NFC South, they could still be out of the playoffs if:
- The Bucs lose to the Saints.
- The Cowboys beat the Rams
- The Giants lose to the Raiders
- The Redskins beat the Eagles.

But, that probably won't happen. The best way to make sure is to beat the Saints and secure the third seed in the playoffs.

2 comments:

Pete Bauer said...

Yeah, if it would have turned out the other way, I would have been very grateful to have missed the game. :)

Cricket said...

Well I did see the game and it was very exciting. LOTS of ups and downs for fans of both teams. I was please to see us tie the game at the end of regulation and with the momentum knew if we won the toss then the game would be pretty much assured. Imagine my surprise when we fumbled the kickoff on our own 13! Then the Bucs BLOCKED A KICK...come on... we usually don't do that! Then it was up and down the field punting away for both teams until the last drive which started with an excellent, penalty free return into Falcons territory.
Cadillac looked strong throughout the game but the Falcons defense has given up a lot of yards. We can't expect that in the playoffs so I don't think we'll go far unless special teams pulls through.