Monday, May 01, 2006

Why New Hampshire?

Anyone know why the Lord wants us to go to New Hampshire?

With dates of my Mom's 80th birthday changing, it has left us with potential conflicts. Probably the most time we'll get up there during the new date is a long weekend, so the family and I decided to still take some of our vacation days in the originally allotted time in early June, where we had no conflicts.

So, we wrote down all 50 states and put them into a hat. We said a quick prayer and offered up our travel plans, asking the Lord to send us where ever He wanted. Gabe pulled first, DC second, Dea third and I was last.

The first time, there was some confusion on the rules, but New Hampshire was picked twice of the four choices. We decided to do a do-over and tried again. This time, Gabe pulled Texas, DC pulled Florida, Dea pulled New Hampshire and I pulled Montana.

We threw away the other states and put those four back into the hat and pulled again. Three New Hampshire and one Texas.

I put Texas in one hand, New Hampshire in the other and asked Gabe to pick.

New Hampshire.

Behind my back I juggled them around and asked DC to pick.

New Hampshire.

Behind my back I juggled them around again and Dea picked.

New Hampshire.

So, it appears the Lord wants us in New Hampshire. We did a quick scan on the internet and couldn't find much of obvious interest up there. Does anyone have any divine insight as to why the Lord wants us to go to New Hampshire?

We sure are curious.

2 comments:

Cricket said...

The Flume. The White mountains. And its far enough away that we won't hear your complaining. Oh, and visit Pawtuckaway State Park but don't tell them you know me. Ask Maaaaaaa!

Paul said...

Wait, hold on a second ... there's a new Hampshire?