Saturday, July 19, 2008

Real American Stories... Continues

I got an email from Brad, the producer at Fox News who spearheaded the entire Real American Stories promotion. He had sent Dea and I a DVD of our promos as a thank you. In his letter he was very funny, thanking me for "almost single-handedly getting me a promotion."

Ah, when America speaks, people listen :)

In subsequent communication he informed me that the Real American Stories promo was just being kicked off on the Fourth of July week, but it will continue on for many more months to come. Fox wants it to be a positive place for America to voice how proud they are to be an American. They want to keep it going as long as they can.

Brad wanted me to ask all of you to visit the site and submit your story to them via the Your Story link on the page. They really want feedback from everyone. So, stop by and check it out.

He also mentioned there was some talk about expanding the promotion into some sort of show and joked that perhaps he would bring a crew down to the Tampa Bay area and talk to us again.

Now wouldn't THAT be a trip.

Anyway, stop by the Real American Stories website and participate in the promotion. Who knows, maybe one day you too can speak for all America.

If so, my wife would be very grateful.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just mailed a copy of your America blog to Martha McCallum. This was before I read this blog message.

Anonymous said...

Jane Bethman surprised me at Mass this morning. During our conversation, she told me she and Eric saw the promo and was so surprised to see you. I told her how you got on but she didn't see the live interview. Anyway you can get a copy to her?

Pete Bauer said...

I'll see what we can do. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, America.

Cricket said...

Watched all the stories on the web site. Very cool. Didn't know I could submit my own story! Could you write it for me?

Pete Bauer said...

Sure...

"I think America is all about the pursuit of excessively dry humor. Thomas Jefferson once said "Jokes that consistently fall flat are the sign of an all-encompassing mediocre intelligence and low self esteem... and asthma. But the will to keep saying them, in spite of both public and private ridicule, well that takes greatness!"

I have lived by that motto my entire life. Just ask my family.

I'm Stephen Bauer... and this is MY American Story!"