Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family and Fire

After an overall tough few weeks, last night the family and I decided to partake of the awesome weather and unwind outside next to a nice, comforting fire.

We turned off the computers, the television, the video games and just hung out on our back patio, chatting, laughing and enjoying each others company. I cooked on the grill while Dea whipped up some stuff in the kitchen, then we all ate on our patio table, enjoying the cool breeze.

We ended up spending about three hours out there, stoking a small fire in our portable fire pit, talking about school and religion and friends and faith. DC played on the guitar and Gabe interjected his unique brand of humor.

It was exactly what I needed. A nice, comforting night surrounded by those who love you most.

2 comments:

Ramsey Days said...

Sounds like just what you needed...hope it makes things better.

I know Gabe loves fires!!

Come visit us:)

Charles Bauer said...

I thought I loved you the most.