Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2005 in Book Form

When I planned on retiring this blog, I thought it would be nice to capture all of the entries (the good, bad and ugly) by putting them into a book form as keepsakes for me and the kids.

Using Cafe Press, which I used to create the Goin' Out to Cally books, I created the first volume of the hard copy of Surviving in Safety Harbor which covers the entries in 2005. Since each book is limited to under 500 pages, I've had to break them into numerous volumes. Volume 1 will include 2005. Volume 2 will be half of 2006. Volume 3 will be the second half of 2006. Volume 4 should be able to fit 2007. And Volume 5 should be able to fit all of 2008.

Below I'm holding a test copy of Volume 1.

(Click for Bigger Pic)

Since, in 20 years, my kids and grand kids won't have any idea what a blog is, I designed the front cover as a blog entry.

The back cover is a mock-up of a web page that is used to enter blog entries.

Not the greatest designs from a mass selling perspective, but since they're for personal use only, I liked this design better.

If you're a masochist, like my brother Paul, you can order a copy online at the Sonlight Pictures store. I can only sell one book at a time, so as soon as my Volume 1 copies arrive I'll be removing it from the storefront and uploading Volume 2... and so on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one. Ma

Pete Bauer said...

I figured. You want a copy of the whole series? Or just the 1st volume?