Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You're a Patient Lot

As I scan the first volume of Surviving in Safety Harbor, I am finding so many mistakes. Not spelling errors (I spell check before I print them), but errors where sentences have an extra "to" or "s" at the end of the word that shouldn't be there. I know I write like I talk and that's just my style, but I don't talk as badly as I type.

So help me out.

If you see spelling and/or grammatical errors, don't be afraid to drop me a note so I can correct it. I know my Mom is already salivating at the chance to correct me even more... she's been doing it my whole life! Thanks Ma :)

The last thing I want is my grandchildren to look at these blog entries and say "Wow, Grampa was an idiot!"

Okay, they'll probably say that anyway, but I'd rather it be because I earned it, not because I typed it.

5 comments:

Ramsey Days said...

We love our idiot Pete!

Anonymous said...

Pete, you are so right. As I read your request for help, I thought, oh boy am I going to have fun. Having said that, I had just finished a report on my trip to Medjugorje and I know I ended some sentences with a preposition, so don't feel too bad.
I'll still check. I ordered your first edition. Love you, Ma

Pete Bauer said...

Ma, I was planning on getting you a copy anyway, but since you ordered one already I'll just have an extra one. :)

Anonymous said...

We are a patient lot. It's tough wading through all of your blog errors. Actually, the odd thing is that I've never noticed the errors you mentioned. I suppose that denotes me as a hasty reader. Man, I commented to rag on you and ended up shooting myself in the foot...

Pete Bauer said...

Laura, no worries, I'm sure I'll give you a crap ton of opportunities in the future.