Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blog Entry 949b

I've been very surprised by the response to the end of this blog. Surprised and touched.

The reality is I am just burned out. Completely. Sonlight Pics is another full time job and I have no creative juice left in the tank most days.
  • I will still be waxing poetic over at the Sonlight Pic blogs about film and faith.
  • The pics I used to post here will be on Facebook.
  • Only my rants about life and politics may be lost in the shuffle.
For keepsakes for my children, I'll be creating books for each year of the blog. I already received my first test copy for Surviving in Safety Harbor, - Volume 1 (2005), the year it all started. 304 pages of quality rambling... bad grammar, misspellings and all. The test copy looks good so I'm going to order a few more copies, a few for the kids and a few extra for me in case anything happens to one of the other copies.

Paul, you mentioned being interesting in buying one (why, I have no idea)... you can get one at the Cafe Press Sonlight Pictures store. But you'll have to order soon. I can only upload one book at a time and I'll be replacing the 2005 with the 2006 in the next week or so.

Like my Goin' Out to Cally book I created from the blog entries about that trip, I'll also be creating one called Surviving in Safety Harbor: Tales of Woe about my entries relating to Crohns and Dad's passing, among other things. Those stories won't be included in the yearly books.

So, is this blog really dead? Maybe not dead. In a coma... perhaps. Away on vacation, probably. Dead... we'll see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you wrote, I have been checking it every day. I miss it...... Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Loretta

Anonymous said...

It doesn't load slow for me....maybe it is your internet connection

Loretta

Pete Bauer said...

Rett, that's a sales blog entry.... I'll delete it.

Anonymous said...

I was happy to see another entry this morning.
Is the Caly book Paul is referring to the one you gave me?
Love ya, Ma

Ramsey Days said...

OMG I am going to faint..an new entry!!!!!!!!!!

Pete Bauer said...

Yes, Ma. The Cally Book is the one I gave you.

Bri Bri - get the smelling salts for the Mrs.