Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blog Entry 949

Well, after a lot of thought and consideration, this entry, #949, will be the last one for Surviving in Safety Harbor.

Traffic and participation on the blog has been decreasing over the past six months. Most people now communicate, email, share pictures and stories on sites like Facebook. Maintaining this site while keeping up with Facebook and the other Sonlight Pictures websites has become too burdensome for me.

So, I want to thank all of you who have been visitors to this site, especially my Mother who has been the most consistent participant since the beginning. To all of you, your support, love and participation the past three years has been truly wonderful. It's been great to reconnect with old friends as I've documented the changes in my family and the growth of my faith.

This blog started out as a way to become a disciplined writer. It has succeeded. And through the process I have been able to share stories like my trip to California, my humorous struggles with Crohns and the amazing, last week of my father's life.

It has been a privilege to share these experiences with you and I hope you have received as much enjoyment reading them as I did writing them.

I hope you have a blessed Christmas and a fulfilling, faith-filled life.

May God bless you all.

13 comments:

Karl said...

I'm sorry to hear this, but at least you have the Sonlight website. I also have facebook, so I have to look you up. Thanks for sharing. Always a Privilege. Happy Holidays.

Cricket said...

What a joy to read your blog. I will miss it. However, my siblings have embarassed me into using facebook and I don't know enough to determine if it will support your writing! Dad's last weeks was the highlight for sure. What a wonderful experience to read about. Thanks for all you've written here. - Steve

Kristin said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog, but I totally understand not being able to keep up with all the websites you do. Facebook has been great at connecting family and friends. Love you!

Ramsey Days said...

I am going to boycott facebook if you cancel this blog...it makes me sad that you won't blog anymore:(

Anonymous said...

I will also miss your blog. I love it. I don't think facebook will do you justice, although I am new to facebook and I am enjoying it.
We will always welcome an occasional entry.....
Love you always

Ret (your sister/cousin)

Anonymous said...

Uncle Pete - Are you going to let this blog remain alive to house past posts? I look forward to reading more on Sonlight Pictures!

Mary K Smith said...

Peter, this blog has always been my favorite. I have read it faithfully. See you on facebook. Life goes on, right? Sad, but true. I love you.

Ramsey Days said...

Seriously Pete..I thought about this last night..not sure why, but I was still thinking about this. . . I dont think facebook will ever do a blog justice..facebook is fun for pictures, and statuses and harassing relatives, but I really do enjoy reading more of your every day activities....suprise us and post once a month :)

Charles Bauer said...

Come on, 949, 51 more and you get to 1000. That would be a good stoping point, 1000, yeah.

Every day, when I would get to work, I'd click on your blog to see if I had anything good to read. When I got to work today I knew you were done with the blog but I had to click on your icon. I have always enjoyed you Blog and will miss it.

Love ya,

Ramsey Days said...

Come on Pete...you don't realize how many of us read this blog.....wah.

Paul said...

Pete, as someone who has taken down a blog, I understand. For me it was nice to know I didn't have that responsibility anymore. But, we aren't talking about me, we are talking about you... keep blogging so I have something uplifting and joyful to read! Who cares how you feel... keep writing!

Your loving brother,
Paul

PS. Do you have any plans on putting all the 'non-Caly' posts into a book of some sorts? I will gladly pay for my copy.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to cry. Each morning, the first thing I do is check your blog.I'll miss it and you. So it's tough, offer it up.
Facebook isn't the same.
Love you 6894.
Ma

Ramsey Days said...

Yeah, Gramma is right! I ALWAYS look at your blog in the morning, whether it is updated or not...FOR YOUR MUDDA....keep it.