Friday, September 30, 2005

Predictor Pete - Week Four

The Bucs pulled out a victory against the Packers last week, moving to 3-0. Despite some bonehead plays, the defense made the stops when required and Cadillac ran into the history books to beat the Pack 17-16

This week the Bucs face the Lions for the second home game of the season. The Lions are coming off a bye week and should be well rested. Lion QB Joey Harrington was expected to do great things this year, but he's struggled and the Lions are at 1-1.

If the Bucs can do what they do, they should win this game. There will be a time, however, where they have a bad game and the breaks don't go their way. I don't think this will be the game.

My Heart: Bucs 28-10.
My Mind: Bucs 21-14
My Colon: Lions 21-19.

My Pick: Bucs 27-23...


Again, on paper, the Bucs should win. The Lions have three big receivers, so that may cause some issues. I would expect, having seen Cadillac run rampant over the past three games, that they will stack the box and force the Bucs to pass. If that's the case, the game may fall on Griese's shoulders... something for which I'm not overly confident. It'll probably be closer than I'd like. If we win the turnover and penalty battle, we should win the game.

Also, I won't actually get to see this game this week. My son is celebrating his 9th birthday at the final home Devil Rays game. He's worth it :)

My Record: 3 - 0.

1 comment:

Cricket said...

Here's my thinking on this game. This is a game that on paper as you pointed out the Bucs should win. But being a lifetime Buc's fan I know that during these games they usually play to the level of their opposition. So it will be a close game. Home field advantage should help too.

This will be a test of the determination of the offensive line and Cadillac Williams. The Lions have some big upfront folks but if our front four on defense get into Harrington's face we should have some turnovers.

My pick: Bucs 20-17.

Happy Birthday to Gabe...enjoy the Devil Rays game! - Steve