Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day - The Press

In 1988, as I was graduating college, my parents lived in a condo in St. Petersburg. One of their neighbors, Maggie, used to freelance write for the Florida Catholic. As Maggie got to know my parents she decided that my father's story would be a good article for the newspaper. She interviewed him and took his picture. The story focuses on my parent's ability to put God first in all things during their marriage. About the challenges of raising eight kids and making sacrifices in order to do so. Having just re-read that article I realized that I too have made similar decisions, sacrifices for my family, and that my Father's story reinforced my own decisions. Sad that it takes so many years to come to appreciate one's father.

You can read the story here.

His example as a father has lead to a growing and very large family through his sons. Joe has three children. John has three children. Stephen has four children. Paul has one child. Charles has eleven children. Dea and I are blessed with two children. His daughters have married great fathers as well. Loretta and Bob have three children. Mary and Steve have six children. And among those sons of the father are more sons and daughters having children of their own.

Love creating love.

No better example than that.

No comments: