Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Demon Files Journal - September 1993

September 15, 1993

Well, a long time has passed and almost nothing has happened. Edit 3 has been out of commission since filming ended and won't be put back together for some time. I found a place (Video Production Center) that has an offline 1/2" straight-cut for $20/hour. That's not a real bad price. I'm pretty sure I could finish it up w/in 5 hours, or $100. Unfortunately, Dea and I have had absolutely no money. Things are so tight that we almost ran out of food. It sucks.

I talked to Shelly Maxwell about the CPN job down in Clearwater. Things look pretty good. I'm hoping that something will happen by the end of the week. Dea and I really need to get out of here. Even though Nickelodeon seems to be going in the right direction with the addition of Albie Hecht in charge, I just can't afford to work here anymore. Plus, Dea and I have no friends. I mean, I have a lot of friends here at Nick, but they're on a different level. They either gay, or single. Both of which don't lend itself to doing things that a couple with a 2 1/2 month old can do. I haven't told Chris Linn about my decision to move, if indeed the job becomes available, but at this point I don't really care. We have almost zero personal relationships with people in similar circumstances.

On the writing front, I decided that my next project will be a short I wrote called DREAM STATE, and will be filmed on Super 8. It's about 20ish pages long and I want to film it on color film, but I may have to do the B & W thing if I can't study up on color lighting/temperatures etc. I really need to get into the film arena. That's the only way I'm going to learn anything.

As far as TDF goes, I'm very frustrated. I really wanted it done by Christmas. Perhaps that's still within reach, but unless I get this offline done soon, then that day will come and go. I really need the offline cause I want to see many things: 1) if the storyboard, or the picture I see in my head, works when actually filmed. 2) What all of the sound problems are and how/if they can be corrected. I went to a seminar on the equipment in Audio 2 here at Nick and they can fix it, but it would be for a pretty hefty price. Only if the end product was really worth spending that much money on would I actually do it. 3) I need to give Jack Sloss a copy of the offline so that he can start working on the score so that the tweaking process will be easier. Since I've never had to work with a composer before, I would like to give myself as much padding with time/creative necessities as is possible.

So, until I get the damn thing offlined, nothing's happening. If only Bob Swan could donate another $100 to the cause. Can't really ask him though. That falls into the category of "WAY OUT OF LINE."

Well, I'll keep you informed if anything happens. Patience is not a real virtue with me. I should probably work on that.

PFB

No comments: