Monday, August 15, 2005

Controlled Chaos

Life is pretty hectic for most people. Increasingly so for me.

There are so many things I want to do, would like to do, have passion to do, have to do... all of them colliding into one big chaotic mess.

Currently on my to do list:
  • Finish converting my home office into a home theater.
  • Write SEVERED screenplay.
  • Write GABBY WELLS screenplay.
  • Shoot MISSING commerical.
  • Shoot SIN commercial.
  • Write MUTE screenplay.
  • Found a new production company.
  • Oh, and start a new cable channel, of which I have no idea how to do.

And those are just my personal goals. I also have to work the day job, attend all of the children's activities, church activities, etc... all of which I love, sans the day job. I don't hate the day job, I just don't have any passion for it. But, it affords me a house, health insurance and the freedom to pursue my personal to do list. So, in the end, its a necessary evil. And one for which I'm grateful.

I just feel so far behind in life. I feel like I've accomplished a lot and so little at the same time. Maybe its because we all set our goals unrealisitcally in our youth, or maybe its because I've lost the urgency... whatever the cause, I'm feeling frustratingly incomplete in a personal way, yet overflowingly blessed in a family way.

Weird. I hope I grow out of it.

2 comments:

Charles Bauer said...

Have you tried napping?

Pete Bauer said...

Chuck - I would, but I don't have time :)

Ma - My biggest problem is how long each of these tasks take. Before I'm done with one thing I have four other things I want get done. But, yeah, having a sense of accomplishment at this time would be great.