Thursday, July 13, 2006

Goin' Out To Cally – Part 48, Shallow Thoughts In The Deep End

When Sunday offered to go swimming my mind raced with the sensual possibilities of Sunday’s bathing suit options. Much to my surprise and chagrin Sunday showed up at the hotel pool wearing one piece bathing suit that covered all of the important parts.

“How’s the water?” she asked as she plopped her towel on the lawn chair next to the me.

“Cold,” I replied, hiding my hormonally driven disappointment.

“Let’s go!” she smiled. I slowly waded into the pool like a Granny at a retirement community. Sunday dove in and her body cut the water like a knife. Her swimming motion was smooth and clean and without any excess motion.

She popped her head out of the water and took in a deep, quick breath.

“That’s invigorating!” she replied. I, on the other hand, sucked in air uncontrollably as the ripples from her plunge sent cold waves of water across my navel.

“C’mon, jump in!” she said and disappeared under the water. I slowly sat on the pool stair and let my torso get used to the cold. As I sat and planned my way to recoup my manliness Sunday began to do laps in the pool.

She swam effortlessly from one end of the pool to the other, doing that impressive underwater turn and push thing that real swimmers do. Wait a minute! She’s a real swimmer!

Now what the hell was I going to do? Could I impress a real swimmer by displaying my cannon ball prowess? Would she be impressed by the splash distance of my preacher seat? Would she be intimidated by the subtle genius of my Marco Polo strategy?

The answer was no, no and hell no.

Dejected and humiliated, I remained on the pool stairs and watched Sunday forge her way through the water like a fish. She eventually swam up and sat next to me.

“Where’d you learn to swim like that?” I humbly asked.

“I was on the high school swim team,” she said. “I was pretty good!”

“You still are,” I replied.

“You’re sweet,” she said with a smile and jumped back into the water, like a mermaid emerging from a desert to find a watery oasis.

“You coming?” she asked as she bobbed in the deep end of the pool.

“Yeah,” I said as I reluctantly waded into the shallow end. I succumbed to the fact that any chance I had of recouping my manhood was forever lost in the blue waters of this San Francisco hotel pool.

If I was smart, I would have enjoyed the cool water for as long as possible. For, in a few short hours, Sunday and I would find ourselves hot, not only from the outside heat, but from a burning anger inside of us.

********

Part 48, (Text, Audio) - Part 47, (Text, Audio) - Part 46, (Text, Audio)
Part 45, (Text, Audio) - Part 44, (Text, Audio) - Part 43, (Text, Audio)
Part 42, (Text, Audio) - Part 41, (Text, Audio) Part 40, (Text, Audio)
Part 39, (Text, Audio) - Part 38, (Text, Audio) - Part 37, (Text, Audio)
Part 36, (Text, Audio) - Part 35, (Text, Audio) - Part 34, (Text, Audio)
Part 33, (Text, Audio) - Part 32, (Text, Audio) - Part 31, (Text, Audio)
Part 30, (Text, Audio) - Part 29, (Text, Audio) - Part 28, (Text, Audio)
Part 27, (Text, Audio) - Part 26, (Text, Audio) - Part 25, (Text, Audio)
Part 24, (Text, Audio) - Part 23, (Text, Audio) - Part 22, (Text, Audio)
Part 21, (Text, Audio) - Part 20, (Text, Audio) - Part 19, (Text, Audio)
Part 18, (Text, Audio) - Part 17, (Text, Audio) - Part 16, (Text, Audio)
Part 15, (Text, Audio) - Part 14, (Text, Audio) - Part 13, (Text, Audio)
Part 12 (Text, Audio) - Part 11 (Text, Audio) - Part 10 (Text, Audio)
Part 09, (Text, Audio) - Part 08, (Text, Audio) - Part 07 (Text, Audio)
Part 06 (Text, Audio) - Part 05 (Text, Audio) - Part 04 (Text, Audio)
Part 03 (Text, Audio) - Part 02 (Text, Audio) - Part 01 (Text, Audio)

1 comment:

Pete Bauer said...

Yeah, this trip is was a prime example of me being unwittingly controlled :)

Mike - hey! How's the fam?